On our fourteenth episode, I sat down with David Keys and Sarah Beaudette.
David and Sarah are ex-Amazon employees turned full-time travelpreneurs.
David and Sarah took to the road and launched an online retail business called Nomadica which sells light and durable travel gear sourced from socially and environmentally responsible companies.
Along with the ecommerce store, David and his wife Sarah blog as The Luxpats, a digital nomad family that traverses the world with their 3 year old son, Spencer.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The start of their ecommerce business, Nomadica
- How living frugal like college kids helped them build their business
- Sarah’s experience as an award-winning author
- Where Sarah and David are in the world right now
- How they choose their travel destinations
- The benefits of moving locations every 3 months
- Why the couple left their comfortable jobs with Amazon
- Freeing up time to focus on what you love to do
- Creating new connections in your brain by constantly challenging yourself with new environments
- How working for a large business, like Amazon, can help foster an intra/entre-preneur mentality
- Writing your own life script
- The difficulties of traveling and living abroad with a 3 year child
- The benefits of exposing a child to new cultures and ideas through travel at a young age
- How putting in the hard work and time has attributed to their success thusfar
- How budgeting both your money and time properly can make or break your travels
- Creating a routine and sticking to it
- How the transition from a suburban family life to a nomadic lifestyle taught the couple invaluable lessons
- Their personal goal of setting up 3-4 home bases around the world and professional goal of breaking even on their ecommerce business
- The business model behind Nomadica
- Book Recommendations:
- Words of Wisdom: “Fake it until you make it”
- Believe in yourself and that with time it will work out
If you want to download and listen to the audio format, please click below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on your playback application, whether that is iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
It would mean the world to me if you left a review on your preferred playback platform. Thank you!!