On our twelfth episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Steve Scott.
Steve is an an Amazon bestselling author with over 60 self-published books on habits, productivity, and entrepreneurship.
He’s built a consistent six-figure income as a digital author and now teaches other authors how to create a sustainable business around their own books with his course called Authority Pub Academy.
Although Steve is not currently traveling, due to a recent newborn baby boy, he has created a business around what he loves to do that gives him complete control and freedom over his lifestyle.
In this episode, we discuss:
- His start with running an online business
- The change in his travel lifestyle since having a baby boy
- The importance of creating a location-independent business to achieve true freedom in your lifestyle
- How rush hour traffic affected Steve’s decision to make the leap into working for himself
- How today’s jobs don’t reward hard work, but rather are more worried about staying busy for the time you’re on the clock
- Overcoming the fear of failure
- All the information you need is out there, you just have to go out in search of it and be willing to learn
- Steve’s diversification of business from one platform to multiple venues
- Creating a habit of “butt in chair” each day to move you forward in your business
- Don’t work for perfect
- How email marketing has contributed to Steve’s business success thusfar
- Creating a business that doesn’t have a short-term shelf life, but rather a long-standing business
- Building a business around an online brand
- Steve’s Book Recommendation:
- Build a content distribution platform with an email list and a focus on only 1-2 social media accounts
If you want to download and listen to the audio format, please click below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on your playback application, whether that is iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
It would mean the world to me if you left a review on your preferred playback platform. Thank you!!