On our third episode of The Travelpreneur Club, I had was honored to sit down and chat with Laura C. Cannon.
Laura is an author, speaker, and coach. Her newest book titled “The Conscious Entrepreneur” teaches you how to harness your unique gifts and the power of your own consciousness to maximize your satisfaction of your business and your life. The book is a great resource for all those that feel lost in their life, giving you the necessary direction to achieving your highest potential. You can currently pick up the Kindle version on Amazon, with the physical copy hitting shelves in July.
Along with her new book, Laura has more than 15 years under her belt as a professional speaker, where she seamlessly ties together the life topics of business and spirituality to drive home her informative and engaging presentations.
When she’s not speaking, writing, or coaching her clients, Laura enjoys teaching Yoga and officiating weddings as a reverend.
Although Laura is not completely location-independent at this time, she is building her business to give her the necessary freedom and control, to live a life of travel.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Her goal to build a truly location-independent business
- The fear of leaving a safe life in Corporate America
- The benefits of building your business while still employed
- Making a plan and taking action
- Her start as an entrepreneur in the event industry
- How fear is holding us back from taking risk
- Using fear to our advantage, accepting it and imploring it
- How our vision of personal success comes from how we want to feel
- How volunteering in Hospice and talking with people at the end of their lives had such a lasting impression on her current mindset
- Preventing a life of “I Wish”
- How meditation has brought her the needed space in her life and has contributed to her personal success
- Meditation Resources: IMCW.org & DharmaSeed
- Overcoming self-doubt, embracing it, and using it as motivation
- Knowing when the timing is right
- How and why she plans to give back this year
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway”
- Laura’s Book Recommendation: “The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection” by Michael A. Singer
If you want to download and listen to the audio format, please click below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on your playback application, whether that is iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
It would mean the world to me if you left a review on your preferred playback platform. Thank you!!