On our tenth episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with a buddy of mine from my days at Michigan State University, Kyle Musser.
Kyle is an entrepreneur that currently lives in East Lansing, Michigan.
His firm ‘Digital Conversion Labs’ is a borderless Digital Agency that’s focused on helping entrepreneurs, startups, growing brands & of course travelpreneurs turn conversations into conversions.
He’s here today to share a bit of his entrepreneurial journey and drop some insights as to how to unlock & empower the travelpreneur inside of you, the listener.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How we live in one of the most amazing times with the ability to live and work from anywhere
- Kyle’s experience with this first corporate job out of college
- The rise and fall of FitnessRich
- How his dad has had a lasting impact on his mindset when he told Kyle: “Do something that you love.”
- The next step in Kyle’s entrepreneurial journey and how he is in it for the long-run
- How FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) affects our decision making mindset
- Expressing an attitude towards gratitude every day
- Immersing yourself in culture through travel and how it can make you appreciate what you have
- What Digital Conversion Labs is and how it can benefit Travelpreneurs
- Failure: a series of experiences that help you grow as a person and a leader
- Creating a brand that people will recognize in the market and a community around it
- “The 10X Rule” by Grant Cardone
- How Donald Trump has gained popularity by understanding the power of conversation and story and how it connects with the pain point of people
- Natalie Sisson, The Suitcase Entrepreneur
- Now is the time to take action, the market will only get more crowded the longer you wait
- How a business relationship is similar to a dating relationship
- Figuring out what you want by performing a simple exercise: Past, Present, & Future
- “Will It Fly” by Pat Flynn
- How hard work and hustle has attributed to Kyle’s success thusfar
- Creating a balance between working hard and not overworking yourself
- Failure can either break you or mold you into the person you are today
- Asking yourself, “What could I have done better?”
- Kyle’s goal of creating $100M in brand value and equity over the long run
- Money is a reflection of added value
- Building a strong foundation by putting your audience first
- The importance of apprenticeship and creating a game plan
- Kyle’s Book Recommendations:
- If anyone has done it, so can you!
If you want to download and listen to the audio format, please click below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on your playback application, whether that is iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
It would mean the world to me if you left a review on your preferred playback platform. Thank you!!